Sunday, April 27, 2008

Unnaturally natural....

Normally, my opinions/taste are not in line with majority. Despite of that, I have been an ardinent fan of Rajnikant ( surprise!!!) from my young days. But probably, I could still maintain my distinction from the crowd on the basis of what I like in Rajni. Obviously, the style and mannerism of Rajnikant are unparallel. I have been so attracted by him that while seeing any style/mannerism of heros in other movies, I always used to imagine how it would have come out if Rajni were to do that act.

In my own opinion, I rate Rajnikant as a better actor than he is known for. I was recently watching his movie 6 to 60 ( aarilirnthu arubathu varai ). I wonder if anyone else would have given a better performance!!! Had it been Sivaji or Kamalhasan, who are known for their versatility in acting skills, the film would have more remained as a film. But, the performance of Rajnikant has been so natural, I love to watch that movie for his performance anytime and any number of time. Good screenplay, simple dialogue, supportive set, character roles and simple line of story - the movie in my opinion is a beautiful work by director S.P. Muthuraman.

Rajnikant has acted in this role without any "heroics". His dialogue delivery has been exceptional (something I miss terribly in recent tamil movies - almost none of the current top heroes seem to have this skill ). His facial expressions and body language has been well-suited. The role of "Santhanam" ( acted by Rajnikant) demands expressions of varied feelings under different situations. Love, affection, disappointment, loyalty, friendship, brotherhood, vexed, handling of snoopy colleague, responsibility, inability, self-esteem, humour - what not... The character is all in one - or simply a common man's life. Perfect portrayal of Rajnikant's acting caliber.

One of the credentials for actors is imagination. We have seen this in many renowned performances - Veerapandiya Kattabomman, Gauravam, Thirisoolam and many more by Sivaji Ganesan; Nayakan, Moondram Pirai, Indian - and more by Kamalhasan. However, not very often we get to see a performance (or role) which is more natural in depiction. "6 to 60" has been a such one for Rajnikant. I love it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Puthu blog ..puthu voice ...
kalakunga ganesh!